Tuesday, January 17, 2012

the Sound of a Chainsaw Gently Fucking You: A Heathers Memoir


I mean...are you pulling my dick!?!?!?!?!?

Most definately one of my favourite movies EVER......One of the most quoteable as well....I mean its just so VERY........and as legend has it my friends and I knew this movie by heart and that we used to do it almost Rocky Horror style reciting each and every line.....to those also in the know it was endeering...to others annoying im sure....Its one of thoses things that you love SO MUCH and is so much a part of you I almost dont even need to watch it anymore because it is a part of me....Every movie after {especially a "teen" one} has been held against "Heathers" as a barometer of how cool it is....I also use it as a barometer for friends.....

So i was hoping i didnt have a brain tumour for breakfast when i heard about this book...one part movie critique one part a lifelong obsession with "Heathers" {a man after my own heart} its short...its sweet but succinct in its iterpretations...it's funny and personal...and DARK...just like the movie....it evben filled in some blanks and made some connections i had no idea about because allthough i love movies I am NOT a film geek!!!!

So weather your a Betty Finn.. a Martha Dumptruck...Or a Heather Chandeller herself...This little book is definately worht reading especially if your as OBSESSSED as I am...and anyway it's WAY more fun than that stupid lunchtime poll...

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment