Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lydia Deetz: the Girl That Launched a Million Bangs!!!!!



Lydia Deetz...Teen Goth Icon........friend to ghosts.....Unwilling Bride......She was as IS an inspiration to many...THIS is who people are referring to when they yell "BeetleJuice" at you when your wlking down the steet.....i methey don"t REALLY think you look like Micheal Keaton!!!!! {right?!?!?!} I know well gasped when we frst saw her on the screen...becasuse there...FINALLY...was a reflection of us on the screen....and more specifically a reflection tred with respect.....



I guess alot of what I'm working on lately is inspired by her too.... main theme is WITCHY yes...but theres a little of her underlying all that...when i started PUREVILE! I tried to stay away from certain things so as not to get placed into a neat little box..."dark"...'creepy"...or heaven forbit..."GOTH".....but I realized that that will always be a part of who i am because it has been since I was a child...this was never a game of dress up for me...it was a way to let all that was inside me out...So i am starting to embrace that part of me more in my work...and I have Ms Deetz in part to thank for it!!!!!


P.S i DID indeed have Deetz bangs for awhile...I must post some pics......Took FOREVER!!!!! but well worth it naturally!!!!!!
 
 
                                                                             XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment