Sunday, September 18, 2011

Through a Looking Glass Darkly....Nicola Formachetti vs. BOFFO

 

Lights are flashing and music is blasting...kids are screaming and everywhere I look there are refelctions of spikes and leather...rubber and hair...teeth and glass...and tattoos...men COVERED in them...So either i"m having somekind of a flashback or I'm in Nicola Formachettis Pop-Up Shop in Tribeca.....


{Val just LOVES these shoes! heh!}


it's a clusterfuck really....but an amazing one at that....a store that seems to be a reflection {literally} of whats inside his mind....Multi-talented....Multi dimentional...and really sweet and soft spoken!! I was lucky enough to be there on a day HE was there and got to chat with him for a bit!!!! {thanks to Jessica one of my unoffical "personal assistants"} Even got to give him my card.....{fingers crossed}....
He was complimentary and seemed really interested in my work.....




The idea of the space is actually pretty cool...a designer teams up with an archetect and every 2 weeks a new pop up shop is created...a totally new enviornment created from the ideas of both parties...a uniquely innovative idea......the name of the company is "BOFFO"....http://www.boffo-ny.org/..and they are interested in introducing cutting edge designers with new and original archetecture...very curious about what they come up with next!!!!





I actually went BACK today to pick up one of Nicola's "Panda Zombie" rings...couldn't get this cute little guy out of my mind so he came home with me....


So if u get a chance go check out the space...it's only up until thursday so HURRY....and be sure to check out the other shops in the space...I know I will!!!!

and here's a little soundtrack for the shop...One of the Lady's more "creepsie" offerings.....enjoy!!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment