Sunday, June 12, 2011

"He's got a touch of LAVENDER..."


Marc Almond had always been a favourite of mine..not only because of his songwriting and voice but because of his candidness about his sexuality...He was fey and campy and owned his sexuality from the very beginning....Trapsing through the streets of SoHo {UK}...and througout the NY underbelly...{when there WAS one}.... he was St Almond of the Trash-heap....

And this being Gay Pride month I wanted to give you one of his latest offerings...off of his most recent and somewhat most personal album "Variete'" I present "Lavander"...a rememberance of a time gone by when it wasn't so safe to come out...a time which sadly some are STILL living in.....

I don't know if I will ever live to see a world where Gays have equality...but I'm glad it's gotten better....Keep fighting...and keep being yourself...no matter WHAT!!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment