Thursday, June 9, 2011

Come into my Parlour......

When i was young I drempt of being a spider...of spinning webs and living in one high above in the trees...or underground....spinning and weaving a silken world to live in...to hide in......


With that in mind I was blown away when i saw the work of design collective numen/in use...In this particular installation they used over 150 rolls of clear packing tape to create a web/coccoon that could host a performance!!!!! Stretching between columns of a former stock exchange they not only transformend a simple material...but also a whole enviornment......
 
this is the kind of art I LOVE...its innovative and inspiring...truly GOBSMAKING...and best of all it makes me feel like a kid again...I just want to crawl inside with some comic books and a radio and hide from the world for awhile!!!!!
 
                                                                      XOXO
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment