Sunday, May 15, 2011

Obsessed: Eyebrows


A friend jokingly said once "Your whole face hangs off your eyebrows"...a new twist on an old phrase...but i guess it's kind of true!!! I've been OBSESSED with eyebrows since I can remember.....A thin simple arch....A HUGE black slash.....or anything inbetween...even NO EYEBROWS like my friend Kristen.....Your eyebrows can make or break a look and can destroy or frame your face.....they are important and they are transformative...Before my friend Gillian got married we BEGGED her to wax her eyebrows...she always had a nice shape but there was ONE AREA that just needed a little cleaning up...after much 'brow" beating {ugh} she gave in....NOW? she can't go without waxing!!!!!! my early eyebrow heros were Siouxsie Sioux and Divine!!! The bigger the blacker the HIGHER the better...a freidn once told me "Thats not eyeshadow your wearing it's FOREHEAD shadow!!!!" i knew I was doing it right after that!!!!! I then became a bit more attracted to the classics...Joan...Bettie...Dietrich...Garbo.....and Liz!!!!! Elizabeth Taylor is my eyebrow goddess...just the right combo of thick and black and arched....thye are simply PERFECTION!!!!!

So feast your eyes on these lovelies...and then go to your mirror and start shaping!!!!!

XOXO














Then of course...theres the ULTIMATE no brows look.....


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment