Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Professional Flea Marketeering!!!!!

So I like to go to the flea....ok...i LOVE to go to the flea...i guess I go SO MUCH i'm now one of "those" people...the ones you always see...the one toothed Tranny...the guy with the ONE liberty spike....and yeah me...the big shoe guy with the hats.....But I LOVE going...digging through old things ...finding treaures....I SAY i got to get pieces for my work but ALOT ends up being for ME!!!!

So id ecided to keep a record on this blog of my findings so not only can you see what I decorate my apartment with but ALSO so you can see the raw materials that are soon to become beautiful jewelry pieces.....

My friend Shien said theres not enough pics of ME on here so...heres what i wore to the flea this weekend...

the hat is by my good friend Jen Darcy!!!!!

and heres some of the haul i took in.....

a small metal frame with a cute photo of a bespectacled young lady....a cross from a garment worn by the "knights of the Templar" and a small tintype pin....


a lovely metal doll head....two doll arms {leather and porceline}...and a cool little brass cherub piece....


a cool vintage catholic school badge...a small silk bow...a mink stole clasp...a striped vintage silk cravat... a vintage braided trim...and an AMAZINGLY worn piece of silky fringy delight!!!! {i have BIG plans for that!!!!

a close-up of the beautiful patch...this will be ana AMAZING brooch!!!! Brilliant detail work and metal threads!!!!!!
and an amazing assortment of trinkets and baubles that will soon become magical wearable wonders!!!!

All in all an amazing day at the flea!!! And thanks to my friend Val for letting me drag her around and for diggin in with me!!!!!! Until next weekend!!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment